1. Mubdia'h licence may be granted to those ladies who have not been previously
licensed by any licensor based in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to exercise any
commercial, professional, vocational or industrial activity.
2. It shall not be permissible to any woman national to engage from home in any
activity with a profit-making nature unless a prior licence for practising the
domestic business activity has been obtained from the licensing authorities and the
same shall be under legal and administrative accountability.
3. No work (labour hiring / outsourcing) permits shall be issued and it shall be
prohibited for any other non-women-nationals parties to assume a direct role in the
activities related to the licence with the exception of those mainly employed at
home whose role must be of a temporary nature and in an intermittent manner. Such
parties should not have any relationship whatsoever to the licensed activity and
women licensees shall be held administratively and legally responsible for ensuring
4. The licence shall not be let to third parties.
5. It shall not be permissible for practising the licensed activity to result
in any emission of heat, glow, noise, odour, light, dust, vibration, flame or smoke,
nor shall it be allowed for the same to interfere with the electric current or with
radio, television or telephone waves or be a cause of assemblies or crowds of people
or to any other matters that would curb the ability of any other person to enjoy his
place of residence in anyway whatsoever.
6. A woman licensee shall be committed to maintain public health and order and
not to cause any increase in wastes within the perimeter of a residential
7. A woman licensee shall be bound to work during the working hours. Likewise,
it shall not be permitted for household activities to cause an over-increase in
vehicular traffic or to result in any inconvenience to local residents or to
restrict their ability to enjoy their normal course of life.
8. It shall not be permissible for vehicles used for business purposes to be parked
at night opposite houses in a way contrary to the overall lay-out of residential
quarters. Furthermore, a woman licensee shall be subject to the condition that her
licensed activity should not be a cause to overburdening local public parking
9. Retail sale from home shall be prohibited.
10. It shall be impermissible to fix any placards or promotional hoardings onto
the home or outer walls thereof. Nevertheless, it shall only be allowed to place one
placard at the home entrance showing the name of licence and including (the licence
number + activity + the phrase "Mubdia'h Programme"), provided that
the relevant area should not exceed two square feet. The placard should be flat,
shall not be illuminated; nor shall it be permitted to fix flags or
11. Goods, equipment or machines shall not be stored outside the interior walls
of the home; nor shall any poisonous, hazardous, banned, inflammable or any other
substances that may be conducive to threatening public health. It shall also be
prohibited to enclose or impound animals the existence thereof or giving reins
thereto may cause disturbance to local residents or pose a threat to the residential
nature of a district.
12. It shall be prohibited to place anything whatsoever that may be indicative or
suggestive of using the home for doing business or of exploiting the same for
non-residential purposes (with the exception of placards), including banning laying
any products or “exhibited articles on windows or walls” with the intention of
drawing attention of passers-by or of rolling up to purchase. In the event of fixing
any such items inside the home, it shall be conditional on categorical denial of
relevant exposure to exterior view.
13. The Department of Planning and Economy in both Abu Dhabi and Al Ain ─ shall
have the right to take all procedures and arrangements deemed appropriate at their
discretion, including conducting inspection visits to verify the proper use of
licences, compliance on the part of women licensees with all laws pertaining to such
a type of licences and their non-objection to the pogramme of inspection visits,
provided that a relevant approval by the concerned Municipality parties besides a
pertinent permission by the home dewellers be secured beforehand.
14. The licence shall be confined to a single type of activity and no more than one
single licence may be issued for one and the same woman national.